One of the best thing of vermicompost organic fertilizer, is the chemical free. Now it has become large element of agriculture across the country and it has require very less initial investment and also use of this increasing day by day. It is very helpful for increase the productivity of crop. It can be use for any crop such as agriculture, horticulture, ornamental and vegetable at any stage of the crop.
Process for vermicompost organic fertilizer
Making the vermicompost use the various species of worms to create a mixture of decomposing vegetable or food waste, bedding materials, and vermicast. Red earthworm is best because of its "high multiplication rate" and there by converts the organic matter into vermicompost within 45-50 days.
various decomposable organic wastes useually used as composting materials. They are:
- animal excreta
- kitchen waste
- farm residues
- forest litter
- animal dung mostly cow dung
- dried chopped crop residues
Step for manufacture:
- Firstly to gather bio-degradable agro waste.
- Make a small pieces by using any equipment
- Allow them for partial decomposition for 10 to 15 days. It will get better activity of earthworm.
- A vermicomposting unit should be in a cool, moist and away from direct sunlight.
- Beds size of a 6x2x2 feet should be made.
- Waste material is arranged in layers at the vermicompost bed. Create at least 6 layers.
- On the first layer put the cow dung semi-liquid mixture, to further decomposing of the agro waste for 15 to 20 days.
- After partial decomposition, cover with cow dung slurry with 4” layer of Farm Yard Manure.
- Put the red earth worm (1500-2000) on the upper layer of bed.
- Use very small amount of water immediately after the release of worms.
- Beds should be kept moist by a sprinkling of water (daily) and by covering with gunny bags.
- Bed should be turned once after 30 days for maintaining aeration and for proper decomposition.
- Vermicompost Organic Fertilizer will get ready in 45-50 days.
- Vermicompost provide all necessary plant nutrients and excellent plant growth and encourages the growth of new leaves and improves the quality.
- As compaire the traditional composts it has higher nutrient content.
- Vermicompost is free flowing, easy to handle and store.
- It is enhance soil structure, texture, aeration, and water-holding capacity and prevents soil from erosion.
- It is help to increases the population and activity of earthworms in the soil.
- Vermicompost is free from activity of earthworm in the soil, soil pathogens, and weeds.
- It is minimizes the incidence of pest and diseases in growing crops/trees/plants.
- Vermicompost improve the process of decomposition of organic matter in soil.